8.02.2007

Overflow With Great Resolve

Today we include one of Sensei's diary entries from 1950 - a decade before he assumed the Soka Gakkai presidency and when he was all but 22. You can find a complete compilation of Sensei's diaries spanning 1949 to 1960 in "A Youthful Diary: One Man's Journey From The Beginning of Faith to Worldwide Leadership For Peace."

1950
Thursday, September 21. Light rain.


Fish want to survive; they deplore their pond's shallowness and dig holes in the bottom to hide in, yet tricked by baith, they take the hook. Birds in a tree fear that they are too low and perch in the top branches, yet bewitched by bait,they are too caught in snares.

Letter From Sado


After the meeting, I gave Mr. Toda a poem I had written. He was extremely happy and immediately composed two poems for me in return:

Often I stand
on the field of battle
with you as my sword,
at my side, always.

My glory as king fades,
and my power is failing;
I will leave behind, however,
you, my crown.


Boundless are my youthful emotions. I overflow with greater resolve.

No comments: