8.17.2007

A Life Based on Practice and Action

Today we feature Sensei's diary entry from January 1951 - a decade before he assumed the Soka Gakkai presidency and when he was 23.
You can find a complete compilation of Sensei's diaries spanning 1949 to 1960 in "A Youthful Diary: One Man's Journey From The Beginning of Faith to Worldwide Leadership For Peace."



1951
Monday, January 29. Fair.


Feel tired from the time I awoke - perhaps because of nightmares. It was warm and pleasant all day.
Received strict guidance from Mr. Toda. I've nearly come to understand the weak points in my own faith.
Propagation!... I will pour my whole into working vigorously for kosen-rufu. Mere ideology or speculation is fruitless. For youth, life should be based on nothing but practice and action.
Faith is the foundation of my life.
Pure faith, the root of my existence.
My weak self - low-spirited and agonized by troubles. Ultimately,the only way to solve these problems is to chant daimoku. Is faith's ultimate purpose to prove myself to myself?
Visited N.'s and S.'s in the evening (p. 84).

No comments: